This prawn and courgette noodle salad is definitely a dish to impress! The courgettes act as the noodles so are a satisfying low carb option! This recipe is an HPN 10 under 10 recipe meaning it can be made in less than 10 minutes and contains less than 10 grams of carbs- not to mention it is delicious!
- 2 courgettes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup thai basil, coriander and mint leaves
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 capsicum, thinly slice
- 1T coconut oil
- 1T tamari soy sauce
- 1T fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 C cashews
- 250g prawns (or approx 7 prawns per person)
- 1/2 avocado (optional)
- Use a spiraliser to make the courgette 'noodles'.
- Head 1T coconut oil over a medium heat, add garlic, chilli and spring onions and cook for a few minutes. Add the capsicum, carrot, tamari, fish sauce and lemon juice and continue to cook for another few minutes.
- Add the prawns and the courgette noodles and cook untl the prawns have just turned pink. Scatter of herbs, cashews and avocado (if using).