This salad is super nutritious & delicious. It can be made in less than 10 minutes and is under 10g of carbohydrates so fits in with the HPN '10 under 10' recipes. Add some chickpeas, chicken or salmon for some extra protein and to make it a meal.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups rocket or spinach
- 1/4 cup almonds, lightly toasted
- 70g goats cheese lightly crumbled
- 2T olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- Bring a pot of water to the boil & cut broccoli into florets
- Add broccoli to water & steam for 5 minutes or under tender.
- Arrange rocket or spinach leaves on a serving board.
- Slice avocado & spring onion and add to the leafy greens.
- Add roasted broccoli, toasted almonds and goats cheese to salad.
- To make dressing, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and mustard until combined. Drizzle over salad and serve