4 large zucchini
3 large handfuls spinach
4 egg yolks, beaten.
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese.
1 bunch asparagus
1T coconut oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped.
1 onion, finely chopped.
200 g mushrooms, finely sliced.
1/3-cup coconut milk
4 rashers bacon (preferably nitrate free)
4 boneless chicken thighs
Sea salt and black pepper.
Grated Parmesan, to serve.
1. Make zucchini into noodles by either using a spiral machine or grate using a julienne peeler. Set aside.
2. Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan and when hot, cook chicken thighs until cooked through. Set aside and once cooled slice into thin strips. While the chicken is cooking, steam the asparagus for 5-10 minutes depending on how crunchy you like it. Once cooked set aside.
2. Add bacon to the same pan, cooking until crispy. Once cooked, put on a plate and leave to cool slightly.
3. To the same pan add onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add coconut milk and bring to the boil, then add bacon, chicken and asparagus and stir to combine. At the last minute stir through the spinach, parmesan and egg yolks. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To serve, place a handful of the zucchini 'noodles' in a bowl, top with carbonara mixture and grated Parmesan.
Research and popular science articles by the members and faculty of the Holistic Performance Institute.